Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Almost done!



Hmm. I think I got the wrong color of zipper. Whatcha think? LOL I emailed zipperstop.com the picture and asked them to help me pick a better color this time. Oh, well. At least Madison loves aqua. She'll just have to get another sweater from her aunt Holly sometime down the road with the bright, bold zipper above. Not to mention the fact that I'm not sure how long this sweater is going to fit her. They come to visit in a week and a half, so I'll see then. I've been trying it on the boys to see how it fits on them. My poor boys! Notice that the sweater has a zillion-stitch steek in it that has yet to be cut. It's my first steek, so I followed someone's recommendation to do several stitches. Now I'm not sure why, since it's not like I'm going to cut it down the middle. With the applied I-cord already on there, I'm still going to have to cut along the edge, so I'm just going to chop off 4 of the 6 stitches anyway. Oh, well. We'll see how it goes.
ANYWAY, my poor boys have tried on the sweater with the hood still stuck together! One freaked out that his face was covered up, the other thought it was quite fun. Boys. So, I'll hopefully get a better colored zipper Monday or so, and I'll take a crack at sewing it in. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm adventurous or foolhardy. Both?

No comments: