Monday, October 22, 2007

It just needs a little paint...

1.) When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?
Entry hall.
2.)Do you have a dishwasher?
Yes. I wish I had two, though.
3.) Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors?
Carpet for now. Laminate wood when we update the kitchen/living room next fall.
4.) Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
On a magnetic strip on our wall. I love it!
5.) House, apartment, duplex or trailer?
House.
6.) How many bedrooms does it have?
3
7.) Gas stove or electric?
Gas.
8.) Do you have a yard?
Yep. Good thing our next door neighbor has a lawn service. We splurged this summer and are so glad we did!
9.) What size TV is in the living room?
Um, 32"? Or the next size up. What's that, 36"?
10.) Are your plates in the same cupboard as your glasses?
Nope.
11.) Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
Well, there are two French press pots and a burr grinder. Do they count?
13.) What room is your computer in?
Mine's in the dining room in an armoire of sorts. The boys have a new one (which I'm on) in the living room because pbskids.com is so addictive. I had to share with the boys until this week, and it was literally survival of the fittest each day. It pays to have an IT guy for a husband. We get all the old hand-me-downs from his office.
14.) Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
Hmm. Two framed pics on the piano and TV cart. There are empty frames hanging on the wall in our entry hall, which you can see from the living room. Hey, they've only been there for over a year. I'll get to filling them with pics eventually.
15.) Are there any themes found in your home?
IKEA? Modern, clean (the lines of the furnishings, NOT the house), minimalist (in aspirations, at least. How minimal can you be when there are four people and a boxer in a 1300 sq. ft. house??)
16.) What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Usually, Tide with Febreze. I'm trying out their new baking soda one now. So far I'm not liking the scent.
17.) Do you use dryer sheets?
Yep. Bounce.
18.)) Do you have any curtains in your home?
Yes. Don't tell my allergist.
19.) What color is your fridge?
Black, huge, with a bottom-mount freezer. I love it.
20.) Is your house clean?
Ha! Does it count that I at least am frustrated with it not being clean?
I've decided I need to start hosting parties every weekend. That way, I'll frantically clean each week and at least have some semblance of clean. Again, four people (two preschooler boys!!) and a boxer in a 1300 sq. ft. house. 'Nuff said.
21.) What room is the most neglected?
Our bedroom. I know, I know. It's supposed to be the nicest room. It's next on my list.
22.) Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?
Sink, dirty. (Amen, Kellee. "Why would you have clean dishes in your sink?") Dishwasher, dirty. The second load for the day. When we redo the kitchen, I'm seriously putting in a second dishwasher. It's all the craze now. Okay, maybe not in a 1300 sq. ft. house, but it can't hurt resale, can it?
23.) How long have you lived in your home?
Six and a half years. I was so scared and sad when Brad said we might have to live here for 10 years or so before moving on. Now I love it. Well, not the house, per se, but the neighborhood, the close access to highways (one factor that is convenient but a detriment to resale value), etc., are cool. I'm good now with redoing the kitchen and living room and then staying for another 5 years or more....Unless we were to inherit or win a million dollars. Then all bets are off.
24.) Where did you live before?
In an apartment. Now that I drive by, I think they look like the projects. Were they then? Was I just a lovestruck newlywed?
25.) Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?
Uh, no.
26.) Do you have a scale anywhere in your house?
Scale? No thanks! I'll just gauge things on how my clothes fit, thanks.
27.) How many mirrors are in your house?
Five?
28.) Look up. What do you see?
Cobwebs? Bambi paint. (You'd have thought I had brought in the weirdest paint swatch in the world when I had Sherwinn Williams match Walmart's "Disney Bambi" khaki paint. Hey, I didn't name the dumb thing!
29.) Do you have a garage?
Yes, and one of our cars actually fits in it! Not bad these days!
30.) Are you planning on moving anytime soon?
Again, only if we struck it rich. Otherwise, I've come to terms with my little starter home. With some alterations, I'm good for a few more years.

No comments: