Saturday, October 29, 2005

I'm done! I'm done!



Or almost, at least. I think I'm going to take out the neck facing and do a couple more decreases so the neckline is smaller and more practical. The sweater's so soft and warm, but not too hot for Oklahoma winters. Too hot for this week, but we're getting close.
This knit up so quickly, I was amazed. It took me just over a week of the boys' naptimes, trips in the car across town when Brad was driving, a few nights in front of the TV while we watched something together after the boys went to bed... No real knitting marathon times or anything. No ignored housework, other than what's always ignored. :-)
This sweater is SO thick! The yarn's a pretty heavy worsted merino, so I think I might make a lighter weight, dressier one for warmer days, maybe out of Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool. I love that yarn! But with a cozier neckline, this one is great for fall and winter with my jeans, my Danskos, and maybe a tank top underneath. So glad I found the pattern and made it! And so glad you taught me to knit, Lib! :-)

3 comments:

continueinkind said...

Way to go! It is fantastic!

binkwaffle (Holly) said...

Thanks! I meant to start ripping out the facing last night, but I fell asleep when I lay down with my DS and woke up at midnight when DH nudged me to check on our younger DS who had started crying in bed. LOL So much for Mommy time last night! Oh, well. I'm still beat today, so I guess I needed it. Sweater time tonite for sure!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love it. I just bought 1500 yards of the Silky Wool in Pumpkin to make this same sweater. The gauge was perfect on US7 needles. I'll let you know how it goes in a later comment!